Friday, March 2, 2018

MANAGING A SQUIRREL HEARD








IN ALASKA HUNTERS KILL THE WOLVES TO SAVE THE MOOSE SO THEY CAN KILL THE MOOSE.

I don’t kill animals any more.   Somewhere in the aging process I lost my taste of killing.     I do eat meat and I guess that is killing by proxy; but I don’t like seeing an animal dying – especially in the name of a sport.  

I use to have a squirrel problem, but now I buy (bird) squirrel food by the fifty-pound bag.   I once considered it bird feeding, but there is a heard of three big grey squirrels and five red squirrels that I scatter seeds on the ground in order to them keep them off the bird feeders.   This doesn’t even count the half-dozen or so chipmunks that will come out of hibernation sometimes over the next few months.     

If anyone is in the market for a heard of squirrels, please contact me – we can work something out.

What should you call a number of squirrels – a heard, a pod, a pack, a nuisance,  a shit load?  

the Ol’Buzzard





4 comments:

  1. I stopped feeding the birds (for shame) because of squirrels and in other times, raccoons. I never mind chipmunks, though. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. A scurry of squirrels. (I looked it up, I was hoping it was a pack!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for an annoyance of squirrels. I'm getting tired of cleaning up shredded spruce cones. I like the little red squirrels, but there are limits.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."