Tuesday, September 19, 2017

FIVE IN THE MORNING AND WONDERING.





I can remember when people use to have down time.   They would sit quietly on the porch in a rocker or inside in a comfortable chair, smoke, drink coffee or tea or liquor, and just relax and think.



One of the problems with technology is that people don’t have time to think – they are always five minutes away from their cell phone, surfing on their computer or watching TV.   There is no down time.   We are constantly plugged in. 

When I am not involved with some obligation, I don’t do the cell phone or social media (except blogging); but I do watch TV, spend time on the computer, and my time away from technology is reading.     But like everyone else, I don’t have down time to just think and reflect – except early in the mornings when I wake up and don’t feel like going back to sleep – like this morning. 



Did you ever wonder about your doctors?   What school they graduated from and what their grades were? 

Why would someone want to become a podiatrist?   Would some kid graduating from high school decide he really wanted to spend four years as an undergraduate and six years in medical school in order to trim ingrown toe nails, treat athletes foot and prescribe special shoes for deformed feet? 



Don’t get me wrong - we need Podiatrist; but it makes me wonder if he flunked out of internal medicine and surgery and the school gave him the option of podiatry?   


Why would anyone want to go into Podiatry or Dermatology if they could be a brain surgeon or heart surgeon or a General Practitioner?  



Do medical schools, with their motto of ‘Do No Harm,’ tell a student in surgery, whose hand is a little shaky and eyesight not sharp, that they don’t feel he should operate on live people, but they will gladly qualify him as a pathologist where he can do autopsies - surgery on the dead?

Makes you wonder, doesn’t it?   It does me.

the Ol’Buzzard




6 comments:

  1. Pathology is a little harder than you think. You have to be up on all diseases, parasites, etc. Things change every day. Podiatry is a lazy doctors job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Debra...'gee when I grow up I want to look at assholes all day long.'

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."