Monday, July 31, 2017

SLOW COOKER BARBECUE PORK MEAL






I do most of the cooking at our house: I like to cook and my wife doesn’t.  

The two appliances I use most are my George Foreman Grill and my slow cooker – as far as I am concerned the microwave is only used for reheating.  







Yesterday I made barbecue boneless spare ribs with baked potatoes and corn on the cob – in the slow cooker.

I spread a thin layer of Sweet Baby Ray’s hickory and brown sugar barbecue sauce on the bottom of the pot.



I place in my spare ribs in the crock pot and coat them liberally with Ray’s sauce.

I olive oiled the outside of two medium whole Yukon potatoes – wrap them in aluminum foil and place them on top of the ribs, making sure they don’t touch the sides of the pot. 

 I cook them on low heat for six hours. 

 When they are done I clean two ears of corn, liberally slather them in margarine, wrap them in aluminum foil, remove the potatoes and place the corn on the ribs and put the potatoes back on top of the corn. 

I turn the crock pot up to high and give them 45 minutes more.  

Barbecue ribs, baked potatoes and corn on the cob along with a cold beer – you won’t buy better at a restaurant.


the Ol’Buzzard



3 comments:

  1. My goodness you're a regular Susie Homemaker aren't you? Dayum I do love a man that can cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done ribs in the slow cooker, but never corn on the cob - might have to give it a go! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning sir... I am lurking around and had to stop in ans say hey. That sounds like a fine meal. Been really hot here and I'm using my slow cooker a lot just to not add to the heat. Hope all is well at your place...

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."