Sunday, December 11, 2016

Diabetic Self-Management






When I run across something I think is worthwhile, I like to share it. 

My wife has diabetes, so far treatable with medication.   Early on, after diagnosis, we ordered Diabetic Living magazine and was disappointed with the content.  There were recipes in the magazine, but they were high in fat, salt and calories.  

We ran across the magazine Diabetes Self-Management in a doctors waiting room and was impressed with it.  Each issue has a supplement called Diabetic Cooking enclosed. 



We ordered the magazine about a year ago.  The articles are typical diabetes subjects; but each magazine has that special cooking section with recipes.   We have made many of dishes and they are both healthy, delicious and without a lot of special ingredients.
  
These are some of the dishes:

Chicken and Pasta with Creamy Caper-Herb Sauce

Country Bean Soup

Skillet Fish with Lemon Tarragon Butter

Bolognese Sauce & Penne Pasta

Lemon-Asparagus Chicken with Dill

White Bean and Chicken Ragout

And tonight we are having: Sautéed Halibut with Lemon Rice.

I do most of the cooking, and I love the recipes in this magazine.
  
I am attaching the link to the website below:


Love well
Eat well
Be well

And a little wine doesn't hurt
the Ol’Buzzard








1 comment:

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."