Thursday, June 27, 2013

MONSTER AT MY BIRD FEEDER


I am use to squirrels stealing from my bird feeders.   As a matter of fact, I have one feeder on a pole that I make easy access for the squirrels.   

Animals have to eat and they forage according to their nature.

But, lately something has been pulling down my feeders and to prevent this I wired my hanging feeders to the trees with coat hangers.   

Last night some monster ripped down one of my feeders and carried it off.   I have searched the surrounding woods and so far have not found it.   

I looked for tracks: a bear - big raccoon - do zombies eat sunflower seeds?   

Thinking about my  last post: this is Stephen King's Maine...

Maybe I don't want to know.
the Ol'Buzzard

3 comments:

  1. Very likely raccoon or bear. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that it wasn't a squirrel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is a bear. Altho usually a bear will just tear the feeder down and smash it open, not carry it off, but that could happen too. Heard about a bear carrying off a garbage can that was a 55 gal barrel, so a bird feeder would be no big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, if it was a squirrel, you are in deep doodoo. Do NOT go out alone or your nuts will end up on storage for winter. If you have bears in your area, I would guess bear as they have been known to raid bird feeders.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."