Saturday, March 23, 2013

A BUZZARD EGG OMELET #20



STAND YOUR GROUND




Yesterday evening I was taking my wife out for supper at a unique restaurant about thirty miles north. We were traveling at the speed limit on a two lane road that still had a dusting for fresh snow. In my rear view mirror I could see a pick-up and behind the pick-up a small black car approaching fast. An oncoming car crested the hill and I was sure the small black car would slow and stay behind the pick-up, but instead he accelerated passing both the pick-up and our car while crossing a solid yellow line – just getting back to the right lane before the oncoming car closed the distance.


I have been against the Stand Your Ground laws passed in many southern and western states; but, I think I would support one in Maine if they included vehicular traffic. That way when some ass-hole endangered you on the highway you could lower your window and shoot at him.


You know, perhaps that is one way motorcycle riders could get some respect.



the Ol’Buzzard

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT: Ben Franklin said, "I imagine a man must have a good deal of vanity who believes, and a good deal of boldness who affirms, that all doctrines he holds are true, and all he rejects are false."